Welcome to BAREfit Adventure Training
We've set out to build the best training program for anyone seeking adventure, fun, better performance, and most importantly - RESULTS!
More than anything, we are a community!
And we welcome you to our tribe!
The following videos will help you learn some of our most basic movement patterns. If you're NOT already familiar with these exercises, please spend a few minutes learning each movement prior to your first visit. You will find many variations of these within our Pack WORKouts. Our coaches are ALWAYS with you to assist and guide.
Note: For Any movement requiring equipment (sledge or kettlebell), just use a light household object. In learning the movement, the object used is just for prop purposes.
PACK WORKOUT BASICS
Pack WORKouts are what we call our Small-Group Training Classes
1. We operate on Push, Pull and Whim days. PUSH days are Mondays+Tuesdays and target front body muscle groups. PULL days are Wednesdays+Thursdays and target rear body muscle groups. WHIM days are Fridays+Saturdays and include cardio/mobility driven obstacle course training.
2. Each week we do a 3 part movement series in our workouts called FLOW. Throughout the week we build on the movements (Part 1 on PUSH days, Part 2 on PULL days, Part 3 on WHIM days) so that by Friday/Saturday you have a complete series. FLOW focuses on balance, flexibility, agility and coordination.
3. Another exciting program we offer is our Adventure Ready series. 4 times a year we do an 8-week series focusing on a different adventure sport. We teach 1 new skill each week incorporating them into our workouts. Each PUSH, PULL, and WHIM day showcases the skill in a different way to help fully equip our members to use these skills in practical application.
We launched the series in September/October 2016 starting with rock climbing. In December 2016/January 2017 we focused on running. March/April 2017 will focus on paddle boarding and June/July 2017 will focus on cycling.
4. Each week you'll receive a Recovery workout email and we'll post it in our Facebook members' group. These are natural movement exercises that you can do to help recover from the pack workouts. You can also use these as warm up exercises. We also have the Afterburn program which you will be able to find written on the board, upstairs at BAREfit. Just in case the pack workout didn't wear you out, try the Afterburn for that final push.
BARE NUTRITION: EAT REAL FOOD
Our approach to nutrition is very simple. We recommend whole foods, limited (or no) added sugar, and plant-centered. Primary food groups are: (1) All Vegetables (2) In-Tact Whole Grains (3) Legumes (4) Fruit (5) Nuts & Seeds. Dairy isn't recommended. Meat and eggs are optional, but not recommended.
Our full nutrition guide can be found here
For busy people, keep it low prep and simple. Have your entire day's food ready the night before. Here are 3 fitness-focused nutrition plans we like to recommend:
BAREfit Members Group - We post important announcements and information just for our members. Plus everyone is encouraged to share their pictures and videos of their outdoor adventures, as well as questions for coaches, and anything else you want to post that relates to the #BAREfitLIFE.
BOOKING YOUR PACK WORKOUTS
Download MindBody To Begin Booking Your Pack WORKout Sessions
We use Mind Body as our software to book sessions. All members must book each workout they plan to attend. We encourage all members to cancel any session they are unable to attend at least 30 minutes in advance. Weekday sessions have a 12 client max, and Saturday's 10:00AM session has a 15 client max.
2. Create Login (use email you signed up for BAREfit with, + create your password)
3. Using Search Bar, Go to BAREfit Adventure Training's Page
4. Click The Heart Button @ Top To Favorite The Page
5. Click On Schedules And Book Session
Note: Your Sessions Will Be Released On Your Billing Date Each Month. For The Trailhead, They Will Be Released On The Day Your Program Begins.
Q: How Many Sessions Do I Get During My 10 Days?
A: You have committed to at least 3 sessions. But you may train as much as you'd like during your KickStart. We encourage you to come in for at least one Push, Pull, and Whim Day.
Q: What Are Membership Terms?
A: During The KickStart, you can cancel @ anytime, without any further payment. Otherwise your membership will continue month-to-month. Your monthly auto-draft Date Will Be The Nearest 1st, 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, or 25th to when your KickStart ends. (Example: KickStart ends on the 18th... first billing date will be the 20th). Once you're in the regular month-to-month continual, you can cancel @ anytime with a 30-day notice. If you don't wish continue after your KickStart, be sure to cancel before your first regular billing date by emailing us: email@example.com
Q: Who Do I Contact For Help With Billing and Customer Service?
A: Simply email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: What Workout Clothes and Shoes Should I Wear?
A: Anything comfortable. We recommend minimalist shows. Two of our favorites are Earth Runners and Merrell
Q: Should I Drink A Protein Shake After Workout?
A: That's up to you, but studies show consuming 20-30g of protein right after your workout can lead to better lean muscle gains. We recommend Orgain
*note: always talk to your doctor before beginning new supplements
Q: Who Should I Contact If I Feel Uncomfortable With Workouts And/Or Need Extra Help?
A: You can ask general questions to our coaches on the Member's group page. If you need more personalized help just email us @ email@example.com and we will match you up with a coach for extra assistance. You can also speak up freely during sessions. We will provide unlimited consultation calls at no cost. Just speak up and we will connect with you. No such thing as a dumb question!
Q: What Should I Do Before I Arrive?
A: Just book your session on MindBody, and come on in!
Q: What Should I Do After I Arrive?
A: On your first few visit, be sure to introduce yourself to the Coach. Let the Coach know about any specific limitations or needs, so they can be sure you get the safest and most effective workout. You can get to know our Coaching Staff prior to coming in by checking out the Meet Our Team page.
Q: What is Sweat Angels?
A: Sweat Angels is an organization based in Lexington, KY. They team with hundreds of fitness companies to benefit a different non-profit each month. Each time you visit BAREfit, simply "check-in" on Facebook using your smart phone. We have a new hashtag from Sweat Angels each month, that correlates with the cause. In the past we've provided coats for kids, breast and prostate cancer awareness, books for kids, and much more. Each check-in provides a contribution to the organization, so check-in every time you train with us!
Q: You mentioned a $20 Facility Improvement Fee. Can You Explain That Again?
A: On the 1st of January & July, all BAREfit members pay a Facility Improvement Fee of $20. The transformation of our 85 year old building (training space) is an ongoing effort. We are constantly adding new obstacles, upgrading, and working to provide the best adaptive, Adventure Training environment possible. Our Bi-Yearly Facility Improvement Fees help up pay for these projects. We will always send out emails and social media reminders prior to the scheduled date.